President & CEO
Barbara Hughes, CNM, MS, MBA, FACNM, NE-BC
Barbara has extensive experience in all levels of practice development, including start-up and expansion. She is regarded as a leader in the field of women’s health practice and management.
With over three decades of nursing experience and 28 years at the advanced practice level, Ms. Hughes brings a wealth of clinical skill and knowledge to her work ranging from small to large practices in both public and private settings.
Additionally, her experience and proven track-record in starting, developing, and managing thriving practices provides the perfect complement of administrative skill and insight needed to meet your specific consulting requirements.
Professional Affiliations and Boards
- American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM)
- Public Relations Committee
- Business Task Force
- Joint Liaison Taskforce
- ACNM Foundation Board of Trustees
- March of Dimes Board (Colorado)
- Midwifery Business Network
- National Perinatal Association
- Lamaze International Fellow
- Newborn Channel Advisory Board
- CU Executive MBA Alumni Board
- Colorado Perinatal Care Council